Saturday, October 8, 2011

Old Town Murrieta Plowboys



  I used to shop at Plowboy's Farmer's Market every week for my produce, but I stopped going for some reason.  I think I was under the impression they closed.  Maybe they did, but today I rediscovered them and love them just as much as ever!  Everything in the picture above (minus the children, of course) was $4.99!  The large bag of bananas was clearanced for $1, regular price was still only $.55/lb though.  I plan to freeze them for smoothies since today is clearly the last day of desirability.  The 5 lb bag of potatoes was $.97!!  The Watermelon was $1.50.  The kids are holding (and eating) my splurge item...organic honey crisp apples.  They were $1.69/lb but they are the best apples I have ever eaten.  They really taste like honey!  I've gotten honey crisp at the store before and was NOT impressed, but these are SO different! 
    They also had broccoli for $.89/lb regular price, pears for $.25/lb, plums for $.88/lb, and local bread and honey for various prices.  They carry a few staple items as well (like milk and cup o' noodles...you know...must haves) and lots of mexican and asian specialty items.  Anyway, if you happen to be at the corner of Kalmia and Washington sometime, check them out! 






I got the above pictures from their Facebook page.
  

2 comments:

  1. We love plowboys- We will frequently stop by there on our bike rides- and the best part is, if you are in the neighborhood to shop there, you could come by to play for a few minutes! :) Or longer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously? Why can't I shop there and live here?! Geez...I'm stoked if I can find a bag of bananas (a 4 pack) for a dollar!

    ReplyDelete