Sunday, May 29, 2011

I never thought I'd say this...

I am SO happy with Vons' update to their coupon policy!  I never thought I'd see the day those words were written by ME. I was just flipping through their ad casually, as usual, not expecting to see anything worth the hassle of going to that store, when I noticed it.  There it was.  Or rather, there it wasn't.  Where was the fine print that said, "minimum $10 purchase qualifies you for all coupons?"  I have no idea how long it has been changed, but I do know for a fact that it was there the last time I went to Vons.  I know because the checker wouldn't let me buy my $10 worth of pasta sauce unless I wanted to go back into the store and spend $10 on full priced merchandise.  A strange interpretation of those 8 words, in my opinion.  I called corporate from the parking lot and explained the situation. They put me on hold and called the store and told me to go back in to customer service and they would help me. I did; they didn't.  So I left frustrated.  I called corporate again and told them very politely (It wasn't their fault) that the store had still refused to help me. Corporate was so compassionate and offered to load $2 on to my Vons card for me (the disputed amount. I know...stupid to fight over $2, but it wasn't the money, it was the principle.)  Anyway, I would LOVE to think that it was my action that instigated this change.  In fact, I think I will think that.  It may not be true, but I think at the very least I contributed. 
Spiritual lesson learned:  Don't ever be afraid to stand up for what you believe in.  You may not see anything changed right now, but down the road, others may benefit from your diligence.

No comments:

Post a Comment